Saturday 19 March 2011

Some announcements on NHK World english indicate some improvement in situation.

It was just announced on NHK TV English (online) that an unmanned unit had sprayed a more considerable amount of water on unit #3.

Also, hoping to start spraying soon on unit #4 with 80 tonnes of water.

Unit #5 has a coolant pump working. Temperature has dropped to 43.1C.

Unit #6 has a coolant pump working. Temperature has dropped to 52C.

Effort still seems unequal to the task, but work to avert further disaster seems to be becoming more effective.

I hope that this continues to be the case, and I hope that this crisis can be kept from deteriorating further.

In spite of most recently reported positive developments, I am still highly concerned that the situation will continue to deteriorate quickly.

Again, I hope that I am completely incorrect.

My thoughts continue to be with the brave workers giving everything, trying to save us from ourselves....

AaronC

No comments:

Post a Comment