Saturday 19 March 2011

Scientist on NHK World TV English makes assesment.

I am quoting this from quick notes, and cannot ensure complete accuracy. I also did not catch the scientists name.

A Japanese scientist on NHK said the following:

-due to the explosion we see that the building is largely destroyed
-upper and lower parts of building suffer different types of damage (my possible interpretation: two explosions of different types?)
-spent fuel pool wall has been destroyed
-crane must be inspected as it may have destroyed pipes

I am almost sure that he was referring to unit #3.

Basically, my take on his explanation continues to support my belief that the situation has already spiraled beyond repair.

Containment and evacuation efforts need to commence immediately.

AaronC

No comments:

Post a Comment